Regular Share/Savings Account
When you become a member of the credit union a savings account is opened in your name. An initial deposit of $5 is required. All members must maintain a $5 balance in their savings account to remain a member, and demonstrate regular activity in their account to keep it open. The $5 required to open your account is not a fee.
Other features of Regular Savings include:
- A competitive interest rate paid quarterly on the average daily balance in your savings account. Click here for current rate information.
- Withdrawals: To withdraw money from your savings account, simply stop by a credit union branch or go to an ATM terminal. Members may make up to three savings withdrawals per month free of charge. After three withdrawals in one month a $5 charge per excessive withdrawal is applied if your savings account balance is under $500.
- Online access to your account.
- Quarterly statements by mail.
- Payroll deduction: You may have deposits to your savings account deducted directly from your paycheck.
If you have any other questions about regular savings accounts at MidSouth Community FCU, contact us.
At MidSouth Community FCU, you can open a Club account and save!
Features included in the Club Account include:
- A competitive dividend rate
- Access through EZ Call, our 24-hour audio response system and Home Banking
- Quarterly statement
- Payroll deduction for convenient automatic deposits
- Deposits at any branch or by mail
Start planning early for Christmas expenses. At MidSouth Community FCU, you can open a Holiday Club Account and save for that special time of year. You can deposit any amount that you want as often as you want, and your balances earn the same dividends on average daily balances of $100+. Withdrawals can be made from your Holiday Club Account from November 1 - December 31 each year.
Features included in the Holiday Club Account include:
- A competitive dividend rate
- Quarterly statements
- You may automatically deposit funds into your account through Payroll Deduction
Johnny Appleseed Club
Johnny Appleseed Services:
Earn dividends on account with average daily balances of $100 or more.
Johnny Appleseed Share Certificates
Starting at $500, you can earn a higher interest rate on your money.
- No fee to use coin machine
- Upon enrolling your child receives a colorful Johnny Appleseed calendar for the current year, which includes a dime-saver apple bank, an official Johnny Appleseed membership card and three activity pages. Your child will also receive a custom MidSouth Apple Bank and a savings account passbook.
- Members will receive a card on their birthday from Johnny Appleseed.
When members bring their birthday card, along with a minimum $5.00* deposit, into any MidSouth Community FCU location, they will be entered into a drawing for a chance to win $50.00**! *Johnny Appleseed accounts with direct deposit can turn their birthday card into any MidSouth location to be eligible for the prize drawing. $50.00 prize will be deposited into the winner's Johnny Appleseed account. A winner will be drawn at random each quarter. A total of 4 members will be chosen annually.
Please contact us if you have any questions about Club Accounts.