MidSouth Community Federal Credit Union proudly offers its Tom Bentley Memorial Scholarship Program. The High School Senior and Continuing Education scholarships were established to show the Credit Union's support for education and to help qualified members with the costs of attending college. We are open to any person who lives, works, worships or attends school in these Middle Georgia counties: Baldwin, Bibb, Crawford, Hancock, Houston, Jones, Monroe, Peach, Pulaski, Putnam, Twiggs, Washington, or Wilkinson County.
The scholarship awards and requirements are as follows:
- Graduating High School Senior Scholarship Application (PDF)
- A $4,000 scholarship ($1,000 per year) will be awarded to the winning applicant.
- Any child of a MidSouth Community FCU member may apply. The student must be graduating with or before his/her class and must enter an accredited college within 12 months of completing high school.
- Applicants will be considered on the basis of grades, SAT/ACT scores, citizenship and written recommendations by two teachers or administrators. Need will be considered in the case of otherwise equally qualified applicants
- Continuing Education Scholarship Application (PDF)
- A $2,000 scholarship ($500 per year) will be awarded to the winning applicant.
- Applicants must be MidSouth Community FCU members in good standing, have graduated from high school or completed the GED requirement, and must have been accepted to an accredited college or technical school at the time of application.
- Applicants will be considered on the basis of need, grades, written essay, overall appearance of the application and written recommendations by two community leaders.
Applications may be picked up at any MidSouth Community FCU office, or they may be downloaded from our website. Applications, recommendations, transcripts and academic performance reports must be received at one of the credit union offices no later than 5:00 p.m., Friday, April 26, 2013. For more information, contact the Marketing Department at MidSouth Community FCU, (478) 471-9946 ext. 1102.